List:       opensolaris-code
Subject:    Re: [osol-code] [osol-discuss] uname -a ... 32bit vs 64bit
From:       Alan Coopersmith <Alan.Coopersmith () Sun ! COM>
Date:       2009-04-27 14:41:37

Alexander Eremin wrote:
> I see now it's a bug 2820 "Uname -m" does not report Operating System's mode correctly (32 or 64 bit).

That sounds like "Not a bug" since '-m' is not defined as "mode" in
the Solaris uname man page, but "machine type".

isainfo has always been the documented way to check which mode the
kernel is running in and which type of binaries Solaris supports.

--
	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith@sun.com