List:       opensolaris-code
Subject:    Re: [osol-code] Zero copy feature of Solaris ?
From:       Peter Memishian <peter.memishian () Sun ! COM>
Date:       2007-10-08 20:41:02

 > >> Any documentation for zero copy feature of Solaris & how to use it ?
 > >
 > > Try docs.sun.com and a quick google led me to
 > > http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=1268320 which has a link to a
 > > PDF of a Usenix document (or the original text version at
 > > http://www.usenix.org/publications/library/proceedings/sd96/full_papers/chu.txt).
 > > Also if you do a full search in cvs.opensolaris.org you will get hits
 > > from the OpenSolaris source where it is mentioned.
 > >
 > > As far as how to use it, it appears that if it can be used, it will
 > > be, silently by the streams layer. ICBWT.
 > >
 > > Regards... Sean.
 > >
 > Any Solaris driver in OpenSolaris code base using zero copy  ?

I'd try networking-discuss@opensolaris.org.  BTW, the implementation
discussed in the USENIX paper cited above was last used on the EOL'd
sun4m architecture (e.g. SPARCstation 20), and as such is not part
of the OpenSolaris source base.  In other words, AFAIK it has no
relevance to OpenSolaris.

--
meem