List:       opensolaris-code
Subject:    Re: [osol-code] how to only build lib/usr dirs in onnv source tree ?
From:       "James McPherson" <james.c.mcpherson () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-11-16 12:13:06

On 11/16/06, Gavin Maltby <Gavin.Maltby@sun.com> wrote:
> On 11/16/06 08:22, Xiao-Hai Ivan Shi wrote:
> > I don't want to build all onnv source, which need too long time.
> > If I only want to build the following dirs, how to make it?
> It will take you longer to work out how to build a limited subset,
> and the procedure may changes as new code is integrated.  Just build
> the hole thing - way less pain, the dependencies are way to messy.

Xiao-Hai, the other thing to consider is whether you only need a single
driver or command built. If that is the case then you can (iirc) do a

make crankturn
make install_h

to get the bootstrap headers into the proto area, then cd to the
driver or command directory and build it directly.

If you are concerned about build times for the entirety of ON,
then you should investigate one or more of the build machines
which are available to you inside SWAN.

best regards,
James C. McPherson
--
Solaris kernel software engineer, system admin and troubleshooter
              http://www.jmcp.homeunix.com/blog