List:       opensolaris-code
Subject:    Re: [osol-code] temporary storage limit on dlc.sun.com
From:       Richard Lowe <richlowe () richlowe ! net>
Date:       2006-06-16 22:12:50

Stephen Lau wrote:
> We've hit the storage limit on the OpenSolaris download center at
> dlc.sun.com.  We're getting more storage added soon, but in the meantime
> we need to free up some space temporarily until the extra storage comes
> online.
>
> Given that I can really only speak for ON, and that ON is by far the
> largest consumer of space, I'm limiting myself to proposals for ON at
> the moment:
>
> 1) Remove the older archived builds/nightly's source and possibly BFU
> archives.  Technically, anyone can just download the current Mercurial
> bundle and rev downwards to get the source, and then build to get the
> BFU.  We would need to keep the closed-bins up still though.

This had been talked about in a similar context (on -discuss I think?).
Joerg, and several others raised the point that the BFU archives are
useful archived regardless of the presence of source control.

Perhaps keep archives for the builds, and drop the snapshots temporarily
until you have extra space?   (along with whatever other measures,
obviously)

-- Rich.