List:       opensolaris-code
Subject:    [osol-code] Have Corrupt Label Warnings Gone Away?
From:       jason () vitriolic ! org (Jason King)
Date:       2005-12-08 8:21:25

Since it might be some time before I get a chance to throw Solaris 10 or Nevada on a \
box with SAN storage, I was wondering if anyone knows if the corrupt label warnings \
that you get on earler releases when it sees an unlabeled disk can be suppressed?  \
With EMC (for example), they often will map a special lun (gatekeeper device) for \
server->array communication that cannot be labeled (Hitachi at least allows you to \
write to the first 512 bytes and put a label on their equivalent).

The current result (on Solaris 8) is /var/adm/messages gets filled with nothing but \
corrupt label warnings every few minutes (making it easy to miss more useful \
messages).  A way to suppress or ignore those devices (if not already there) would be \
useful. This message posted from opensolaris.org