List:       opensolaris-code
Subject:    [osol-code] What's the ETA for some missing major O/N
From:       stevel () sun ! com (Stephen Lau)
Date:       2005-10-17 16:25:50

Bonnie Corwin wrote:
>>libnsl should be open for the next source drop (onnv_25).  i'm not sure
>>what the timeframe is for libc_i18n or libresolv2.
>>
>>bonnie?  do you know what the plans are for those two?
>

> Steve -
>
> Is lib/libresolv.so.2 in the binary tarball libresolv2?

yup, libresolv.so.2 is in the closed-bins tarball.

> "libresolv2" - the source in usr/src/lib/libresolv2 - is part of BIND
> which is third-party open source.  It was initially held because of the
> crypto chicken/egg problem.  It should be moved in an upcoming build.

David: I'm getting the source drop for 25 reviewed right now, so I will
probably not be able to move libresolv2 in this source drop (which
hopefully should happen this Friday) - but I will move it for the next
drop (build 26).

cheers,
steve

--
stephen lau // stevel@sun.com | 650.786.0845 | http://whacked.net
opensolaris // solaris kernel development