List:       opensolaris-brandz-discuss
Subject:    [brandz-discuss] Gentoo in BrandZ lx (again)
From:       Jan_Wätzig <jan.waetzig () web ! de>
Date:       2007-10-04 12:18:35

Hi,

I've got Gentoo running in a lx zone (SXCE build 73). The only problem is that you \
must use some older stage3 (I used stage3-i686-2006.0.tar.bz2), because newer ones \
don't work with a 2.4 kernel.

Additionally, you have to change some small parts in the lx scripts (see attached \
diff) and have to copy the attached gentoo_rc.sysinit to /usr/lib/brand/lx. I took \
the /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit from centos-3.8, which is can be downloaded at "BrandZ \
Downloads at OpenSolaris" and simply renamed it.

What exactly is the purpose of rc.sysinit?

Kind Regards, Jan

["SUNWlx_gentoo.diff" (application/octet-stream)]
["gentoo_rc.sysinit" (application/octet-stream)]