List:       opensolaris-announce
Subject:    [osol-announce] NY OpenSolaris user group mtg - 1/28/2010
From:       Isaac <Isaac.Rozenfeld () Sun ! COM>
Date:       2010-01-23 0:18:48

Hello,

Following the extended holiday break, the New York {Open}Solaris User
Group will be resuming
holding its monthly meetings, and we've got one planned for January
28th, 2010.

At this meeting, we will be joined by Tom Abazia, one of Sun's Sr.
Systems Engineers projecting Sun's technologies to one of worlds leading
banking institutions.
Tom will lead a talk on one of today's hottest technologies, Hadoop and
containers, and how it is being adopted by his customer.

This presentation will discuss the use of Solaris Containers for
distributed computing using the Hadoop Map/Reduce open source software
framework,
including the use of Sun Grid Engine as a framework to manage Apache
Hadoop workloads.

Please join us for our upcoming event!

More info about this event and the New York's OpenSolaris User Group is
available here: http://www.opensolariX.org

OR, LINK TO RSVP:
https://www.suneventreg.com/cgi-bin/register.pl?EventID=2999

Refreshments will be served.
We'll also have swag to give away - lots of Sun logo'ed goodies :-)

Kind regards,
Isaac

["isaac_rozenfeld.vcf" (text/x-vcard)]