List:       opensolaris-announce
Subject:    [osol-announce] 100 OpenSolaris Development Zones using Crossbow
From:       Jim Walker <James.Walker () Sun ! COM>
Date:       2009-08-12 9:00:36

Today we added two new OpenSolaris Sparc and X64 development zone
servers that use Crossbow and port mapping to preserve the Internet
IP space. Each server currently supports 50 zones. These zones may
be used for general OpenSolaris development and testing. In addition,
the zones include the Source Juicer build grid environment to make
it easy to develop and test packages being ported to OpenSolaris
prior to and after submitting packages to the Source Juicer.

These zone servers use the OpenSolaris 2009.06 release. We also plan
to deploy zone servers that align with the development builds for
use with building and testing the ON consolidation and other software.

OpenSolaris users can add zones under the Virtual Machines button here:
http://test.opensolaris.org/testfarm

The new servers are: t2000-010135 and x4150-010213.

Information on the OpenSolaris test farm is at:
http://opensolaris.org/os/community/testing/testfarm

Information on the test farm Crossbow implementation is at:
http://opensolaris.org/os/community/testing/testfarm/crossbow

Information on the Source Juicer build environment is at:
http://opensolaris.org/os/community/sw-porters/contributing/jucrzones/

Cheers,
Jim