List:       opensolaris-announce
Subject:    [osol-announce] updated contributor agreement
From:       Bonnie.Corwin () Sun ! COM (Bonnie Corwin)
Date:       2006-03-17 13:51:53

FYI, a new version (1.2) of the Sun Contributor Agreement has been
posted on opensolaris.org:

http://opensolaris.org/os/about/sun_contributor_agreement

This version can be used (like the old one) to make contributions to all
projects owned or managed by Sun.  If you have already submitted a
signed contributor agreement, you don't need to do anything - the one
you signed still applies.

The changes in this version 1.2 as compared to earlier versions are as
follows:

1. We added language to make it clear that companies, as well as
individuals, can make contributions.

2. We dropped the option for allowing code or material to be posted to
Projects which was designated "not a contribution."  This option created
confusion and the potential for inadvertently violating IP rights.  The
general consensus was that the Community does not want material posted
that was not really an open source contribution.

3. We clarified that both parties have independent rights as joint, but
sole owners, of their respective copyright interests in the Contribution.

4. We clarified the patent license by deleting certain exclusions from
the patent grant.

Bonnie