List:       opensolaris-announce
Subject:    [osol-announce] Reminder: SVOSUG - SATA Frameworks,
From:       Alan.DuBoff () Sun ! Com (Alan DuBoff)
Date:       2006-02-23 13:40:08

** Just a reminder, don't miss tonight's meeting! **

Subject: SVOSUG - SATA Frameworks, LG Update Thursday, 02/23 7:30pm-10:00pm
Date: Tuesday 21 February 2006 12:33 am
From: Alan DuBoff <Alan.DuBoff@Sun.Com>
To: Alan DuBoff <Alan.DuBoff@Sun.Com>

This month for the Silicon Valley OpenSolaris User Group, we have the SATA
team presenting on their new frameworks being added into Solaris/OpenSolaris.
Folks have been asking about SATA support, and the team will be able to
answer any question you might have, as well as explain what support is in
Solaris/OpenSolaris, what is being added, and where we're going!

In addition to this, we'll be getting an Update on Project Looking Glass,
showing folks the 3D desktop which now has a webpage on opensolaris.org.

Bob Palowoda has one of the new dual core Athlon64 laptops with NVIDIA
graphics in it, I'm trying to get him to bring it to the meeting. This should
be one smokin' laptop running Solaris/OpenSolaris.

One of the members was threatening to make some homemade cookies for the
meeting, but I won't mention any names in case they get busy...

Look forward to seeing folks:

Where: Sun Santa Clara Campus, SCA03 (upstairs room in auditorium)
 When: Thursday, Feb. 23rd, 7:30pm - 10:00pm
 What: SATA Frameworks, Project Looking Glass Update.
  Map: http://blogs.sun.com/roller/resources/aland/scasj_dirmap.pdf

Directions: Exit 101 towards Agnew Development Center. As you pass Intel and
go by Mission College, stay on the right, exit onto Lafayette and turn right,
under the overpass to Palm. Right into the Sun campus, auditorium is on the
right side as you drive in.

--

Alan DuBoff - Sun Microsystems
Solaris x86 Engineering