List:       openslide-users
Subject:    Re: DICOM support with properties
From:       jcupitt () gmail ! com
Date:       2023-05-10 16:07:28

Hi Jim,

DICOM support is being added under a project that's due to finish by
the end of June. I think all the features you're planning are on the
roadmap, so if you can wait until then, they should just happen.

Label and macro work for 3dhistech now, and there's a PR in train for
Leica support.

I'm currently reworking the DICOM parser to improve performance for
sparse tile images -- that should be another PR later this week or
early next.

My forks, in case you're interested in following or collaborating on
development:

https://github.com/jcupitt/libdicom

https://github.com/jcupitt/openslide/

John