List:       opensim-users
Subject:    [Opensim-users] OpenSimulator 0.8-rc3 now available
From:       Justin Clark-Casey <jjustincc () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2014-06-10 22:54:33

Hi folks.  I'm pleased to announce that 0.8-rc3 is now available, the third release \
candidate for 0.8.  As usual, download links are at [1] and release notes at [2].

This release candidate has been updated with fixes cherry-picked from master, \
compared to rc2.  Major fixes include

* Fixed issue where setting a parcel in a varregion for sale would make \
                WorldMapModule throw an exception on new startup.
* BulletSim avatar movement no longer somewhat jerky in level flight.
* Teleporting from 0.7.6.1 or earlier to a varregion will no longer crash the viewer. \
Instead, the teleport will be  refused.
* Fix for possible BulletSim crash on startup with large linksets.

My hope is that this will be the last RC before release.

As always, many, many thanks to the hard work of all the developers, testers and \
community members who make  OpenSimulator possible.

[1] http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Download
[2] http://opensimulator.org/wiki/0.8_Release

--
Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)