List:       opensim-users
Subject:    [Opensim-users] MOSES Employment Opportunity
From:       "Maxwell, Douglas" <douglas.b.maxwell () us ! army ! mil>
Date:       2014-05-13 15:12:49

Good Morning All, I have created a new Postdoctoral position on the MOSES team.  The \
position funding and HR will be handled by Oak Ridge Nat'l Labs, but the work will be \
performed onsite in Orlando, Fl.

This is a two year paid position, relocation assistance may be approved, and \
insurance benefits are provided.  The position also includes travel responsibilities. \
I have identified two areas of research for this position and applicants must specify \
which research topic they wish to  concentrate on.  Both areas of research are \
related to technology advanced needed to support distributed simulation based \
training applications.  Specifically with automated load balancing and independently \
running collaborative clusters.  In practical terms, imagine having a distributed \
scene graph that can automatically reconfigure itself by adding or reallocating \
computing resources based on user behaviors.

Topic 1 deals with an investigation of the creation of a physics cluster that can \
automatically detect and reallocate computing resources based on demand.  This \
cluster is envisioned to be a pooled resource, rather than coupled with a specific \
simulator instance.

Topic 2 is a more generic and involved total simulation load balancing.  Currently \
the simulators require scenario examination and resource planning before deployment.  \
Also many system including Opensimulator have static terrain limits.  I'm looking for \
automation of the allocation of resources based on user behaviors.

Applicants must be American citizens or a naturalized American citizen and you must \
be able to get a security clearance.  If you are interested or know of a qualified \
person to fill this position, please contact me.  Thx.  v/r -douglas

Douglas Maxwell, MSME
Science and Technology Manager
Virtual World Strategic Applications
U.S. Army Research Lab
Simulation & Training Technology Center (STTC)
(c) (407) 242-0209
NEW DoD Email:  Douglas.Maxwell3.civ@mail.mil<mailto:Douglas.Maxwell3.civ@mail.mil>