List:       opensim-users
Subject:    Re: [Opensim-users] Available for consulting work and experimenting with Gittip
From:       Justin Clark-Casey <jjustincc () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2014-02-13 0:28:47

Hey Robin.  That's really kind of you.

However, I hope very soon to be in a reasonably long term university contract which \
should allow me to spend more time  on core metaverse issues beyond my minimum of 1 \
                day per week.  So donations should be less important to sustain my \
                work
- I may well end up redirecting them to support other people's Metaverse work.  Of \
course, all that changes again once a  contract ends - an issue with the patronage \
model :)

If you do still want to donate, though, I must admit that periodic payments make me \
feel a bit more secure, which is why  I went for the gittip model.  How realistic \
this is in general I don't know yet.

I would be very happy to give you a receipt as a UK sole trader if we frame this as a \
consulting contract.  Of course,  this would be a somewhat unusual kind of contract.

All the best,

Justin