List:       opensim-users
Subject:    Re: [Opensim-users] why I love opensim
From:       Dr Ramesh Ramloll <r.ramloll () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-01-31 17:17:39

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi Jeff,
yes there is a lot of objects and a lot of scripts. In this example I did
not show interactions with objects in the kitchen. My environments run
close to the listener limits allowed on kitely (so that's a constraint
already hit) [am always negotiating for upper my listener limits]. My
vision is to build virtual worlds that can be deeply tailored but through
intuitive ways. Users want to do things in virtual worlds. When they do
things, the world should change to represent the results of the doing. So
we really need to facilitate that. If a user does not like the way cutlery
is set on the table, they should be able to do that intuitively. No right
clicking menus and adjusting and going into design mode. This was the gist
of my talk at the last OSCC. There is a class of users who will like
minecraft, but personally I want to build worlds and control them in the
same way I would do on a Risk game board. The important thing is to find
the sweet spot for tailorability. This is what I am looking for.

On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 11:42 AM, Jeff Kelley <opensim@pescadoo.net> wrote:

> At 9:35 AM -0500 31/1/14, Dr Ramesh Ramloll wrote:
>
>   http://youtu.be/Qpl1-v48bvo
>>

> Nice vid.
>
> I suppose each NPC wears a scripted attachment, and each usable object is
> scripted. I understand better why updating everything is a pain.
>

> -- Jeff

*Rameshsharma Ramloll* PhD, CEO CTO DeepSemaphore LLC, Affiliate *Research
Associate Professor*, Idaho State University, Pocatello, ID 83209 Tel:
208-240-0040
LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/in/rameshramloll>, DeepSemaphore
LLC<http://www.deepsemaphore.com>,
RezMela <http://www.rezmela.com>, Google+