List:       opensim-users
Subject:    Re: [Opensim-users] Cannot load inventory
From:       George Anastassakis <anastas () unipi ! gr>
Date:       2013-12-31 15:52:44

On 18/12/2013 3:12 πμ, Justin Clark-Casey wrote:

> Hi George.

Hello Justin and thanks very much for the detailed reply!

 >There isn't much on this, so I just wrote a scratch page
 > at [1] which specifically address the inventory protocols between
 > viewer and OpenSimulator.

Detailed information in a new wiki page! This is really cool! Again,
thanks, makes me feel I did the right thing asking here :)

> In your specific case, I'm not  sure why the OpenSimulator library
 > would fail in particular with HTTP and not UDP.  As with many things,
 > try clearing the viewer cache if you haven't already.

At this time I can confirm that (to my understanding) the simulator was
sending inventory data through UDP but not through HTTP. I tried this
with several different viewers after cleaning caches, etc.

I was able to fix this by restarting the simulator. However, I am afraid
I wasn't able to reproduce it, neither was I able to understand what
happened exactly because the user I suspect was involved couldn't
provide details on what they did or when.

In any case, my sincere thanks to all for the replies!