List:       opensim-users
Subject:    Re: [Opensim-users] OpenSimulator development code now builds using .NET 4.0
From:       Justin Clark-Casey <jjustincc () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2013-11-13 1:20:31

Hi Austin.  Yes, there was an error with the updated runprebuild.bat where it worked \
with Windows Vista and earlier but  failed with Windows 7 and later.  I have \
hopefully now fixed this in commit 0f16612.  This has the side effect for now  of \
making it impossible/hard to run this batch script in cygwin, which I may try to \
address at a later date for the 1 or  2 people using cygwin with OpenSim (temporary \
workaround is to run this under a Windows command prompt instead).

Regarding the license key, it's not a problem to get, just a bit of bureaucracy - I \
use VS C# 2010 Express myself.

On 09/11/13 19:20, R.Gunther wrote:
> Just done test.
>
> Downloaded a fresh git version of 0.8dev version fd24147-r/24023
> running prebuild.bat after completed open the OpenSim.sln
> choice build solution in visual studio 2012 express.
> No problem at all, done it on windows 8.1 64bit.
>
> On 2013-11-09 16:51, Ai Austin wrote:
> > Thanks.  I now see that I have loads of .NET frameworks installed some in
> >
> > C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework
> > C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64
> >
> > I see that the runprebuild.bat script now doe snot have the 3.5 .NET Framework \
> > fixed path hardwired and it tries to pick up the currently installed .NET \
> > Framework for 4.0 using registry values.
> > Running the new r/240runprebuild.bat on a Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit system it gives \
> > the error...
> > "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSBuild\ToolsVersions\4.0"\MSBuildToolsPath \
> > not found.
> > Note the " " that seem to be misplaced. My attempts to remove the quotes "  ... " \
> > round the key had no effect, but they don't seem to be needed anyway?
> >
> > That registry key if properly found though would point on my machine to the \
> > apparently correct location which does contain an msbuild.exe executable...
> >
> > C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\
> >
> > I hardwired that in a version of runprebuild.bat and that worked fine as far as \
> > the compile stage, which will need the Visual C# Studio express installed I \
> > assume.
> > So it must be the script handling picking up the key and key value needed for the \
> > msbuild.exe path from the registry that is not quite working right yet?

> ---
> This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is \
> active. http://www.avast.com

Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
OSVW Consulting
http://justincc.org