List:       opensim-users
Subject:    Re: [Opensim-users] Separate Robust instance for inventory....
From:       Justin Clark-Casey <jjustincc () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2013-07-26 23:21:04

The login service does require access to a lot of other services but I didn't think \
it would be necessary to actually  have connectors for them active.

In your separate login service config, do you still have a section like

[LoginService]
; for the server connector
LocalServiceModule = OpenSim.Services.LLLoginService.dll:LLLoginService
; for the service
UserAccountService = OpenSim.Services.UserAccountService.dll:UserAccountService
GridUserService = OpenSim.Services.UserAccountService.dll:GridUserService
AuthenticationService = \
OpenSim.Services.AuthenticationService.dll:PasswordAuthenticationService \
InventoryService = OpenSim.Services.InventoryService.dll:XInventoryService \
AvatarService = OpenSim.Services.AvatarService.dll:AvatarService PresenceService = \
OpenSim.Services.PresenceService.dll:PresenceService GridService = \
OpenSim.Services.Connectors.dll:GridServicesConnector SimulationService = \
OpenSim.Services.Connectors.dll:SimulationServiceConnector LibraryService = \
OpenSim.Services.InventoryService.dll:LibraryService UserAgentService = \
OpenSim.Services.HypergridService.dll:UserAgentService FriendsService = \
OpenSim.Services.FriendsService.dll:FriendsService

?  I believe this is the part that sets up internal services for the login service to \
access all the other bits of  OpenSimulator that it needs.  These internal services \
still need to connect to the database but do not have external  connectors if they \
are not set up in the [Startup] section.

It's also possible that there bugs and this is not working as it should.  Is it just \
adding the connectors back to  ServiceList (master only, I think) or \
ServiceConnectors (OpenSimulator 0.7.5 and earlier) that makes this work again?

On 13/07/13 17:54, BoneZ wrote:
> Thanks for the links, I've tried for hours to get this to work correctly..... but \
> have failed. I have an instance of MySQL running on one machine with an instance of \
> robust.exe running there with only the inventory services connector initialized \
> using port 8005.... started and running fine. Firewall is open on that port as \
> well.
> I have a second machine which is running all other robust.ini service connectors \
> with default ports except for inventory and freeswitch(I am not using this
> ). This robust instance starts with no errors. Firewall is open on all of these \
> ports as well.
> I have a 3rd machine which is running a simulator instance where gridcommon.ini \
> points it to the first machine/port for the inventory and second machine for all \
> other robust services. This region simulator starts up with no errors.
>
> Using the 2nd machine/robust instance I am able to create an avatar and everything \
> seems fine... no errors, but upon trying to login to the "Grid" I am unable to \
> connect. I get a failure; "The inventory service is not responding. Please notify \
> your login region operator".
> When I check the robust instance on the 2nd machine, there is a message; Login \
> Failed Reason: Inventory Service Not Set up.
> When I allow the 2nd machine to handle all robust services and point my \
> gridcommon.ini to that machine for all services I have no issues.
>
> I have checked the first machine for the obvious; Closed Ports, etc.... I'm sure my \
> problem is that I am a rookie at splitting these services and do not know the \
> correct settings. I was hopeful someone else has already been successful with this \
> and would share their robust.ini files so that I could see where my mistakes are.
>
> Thanks.

Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
OSVW Consulting
http://justincc.org