List:       opensim-users
Subject:    Re: [Opensim-users] virtual hose line
From:       InuYasha Meiji <inuyasha.meiji () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-04-22 13:54:01

Sorry Ramesh, but flexy prims can and have always only been connecte at
one end.  I wish they could be connected at two ends.  It owuld be a
great way to simulate kite flying and so much more.  I would love for
someone in Opensim to figure that one out.  Go Team.  ;)  Show up LL
once again, you can do it.  lol.

Then we can fly a kite, have garden hoses, dogs on a leash, or other
things on a leash, umm.  Anyways, you're rght particle trails especially
how particles seem to fade in opensim is a real pain..    BEtween
Particles in SL and opensim they really need tweaking a bit to work
nearly the same., so I try to stay away from them if I can.

InuYasha.

On 4/22/2013 9:13 AM, Dr Ramesh Ramloll wrote:
> Hello,
> I am wondering if I get some ideas for implementing a virtual hose
> line.  See, I tried using a flexi prim to represent a hose linked to
> two 'normal' prims at both ends. I then attached one of the ends to
> avatar hand. when avatar walks around, the one of the ends of the
> flexi prim is still attached to the part the hand is holding. At the
> other end of the flexi prim however, it breaks off from the other
> point which I hoped would be the anchor. Using particles does not seem
> a a good idea. Any thoughts?
> Ramesh
>
> --
> 'Consider how the lilies grow. They do not labor or spin.'
> *Rameshsharma Ramloll* PhD, CEO CTO DeepSemaphore LLC, Affiliate
> /Research Associate Professor/, Idaho State University, Pocatello, ID
> 83209 Tel: 208-240-0040
> Blog <http://deepsemaphore.posterous.com/>, LinkedIn
> <http://www.linkedin.com/in/rameshramloll>, DeepSemaphore LLC
> <http://www.deepsemaphore.com>, Google+ profile
> <https://plus.google.com/103652369558830540272/about>

Opensim User: In Gridmode  on Version 0.7.4. Nine Instances with 56 Regions. on \
Windows 7, 64-bit. Phenom 9500 2.2 GHz Quad Core, Terabyte Hard Drive, 8gig DDR2 RAM. \
Used XAMPP to load PHP Version 5.3.0, Apache and MySQL 5.1.41-community edition.  \
Groups, Profiles, Vivox Voice and Offline Messages all working. (Not yet Public, 10 \
user accounts so far). \