List:       opensim-users
Subject:    Re: [Opensim-users] Avatar texture corruption
From:       Justin Clark-Casey <jjustincc () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2013-02-22 0:06:30

I've been busy this week so I've only just had a change to look at this thread.  I \
was able to reproduce the problem on  current git master.  For some reason on \
crossing to another region, the viewer fails to send a AvatarSetAppearance  packet, \
which usually triggers a rebake because the simulator cannot find the baked texture \
UUIDs sent in that packet.

A teleport into that neighbour does send this packet, correctly triggering the \
rebake/reupload.

This fails on both LL 1.23.5 and LL 3.3.4.

I'm quite surprised - I swear this used to work though I might be misremembering.  So \
if somebody can identify a version  of OpenSimulator where this was fine then that \
would be helpful.  Please put more details on Mantis 6547 [1]

By the way, I have changed the console report to "incomplete" from "corrupt".  This \
is much more accurate since the code  doesn't actually currently check if the \
textures are valid JPEG 2000 assets - it just checks if they are present or not.

[1] http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=6547

Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
OSVW Consulting
http://justincc.org