List:       opensim-users
Subject:    Re: [Opensim-users] Banning
From:       Justin Clark-Casey <jjustincc () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2013-02-20 1:06:06

Since I couldn't find a page on the login level originally I knocked up a quick one \
at [1].  This is for general access  control so could eventually detail the in-world \
estate management tools, as well as where external blocking (e.g. on the  firewall) \
is necessary.

[1] http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Access_Control

On 19/02/13 03:04, InuYasha Meiji wrote:
> I haven't a suggestion on which program scans IP and MAC addresses , but I suppose, \
> if a griefer  gets really bad, you could use an IP and mac address scanner, to then \
> ban the mac address from your router.  That would then keep those MAC addressess \
> from connecting to your network at all.  This might be a way to perma ban people \
> from that particular machine.
> InuYasha
>

> On 2/18/2013 7:56 PM, Justin Clark-Casey wrote:
> > On 18/02/13 23:26, ssm2017 wrote:
> > > actually, to ban a user, im using the "userLevel" field in the "UserAccounts" \
> > > grid table and then i set it to -1. the grid "loginlevel" is set to 0.
> > > this is not "officially recommended/supported" but it is actually working and \
> > > not preventing the user to use hypergrid.
> >
> > I thought this was the standard way of doing it, though admittedly it has not \
> > been documented!
> > However, I'm not sure that ban mechanism would work for incoming HG users.  I'm \
> > not sure what the control tools are here right now - I think one might have to \
> > block specific IPs on the firewall.
> > >

> > > 2013/2/18 Sarge Misfit <fubat.enterprises@gmail.com \
> > > <mailto:fubat.enterprises@gmail.com>>
> > > The subject of griefers came up in a recent conversation. One thing that none \
> > > of us knows is how to ban them from an entire grid.
> > >
> > > So, how DO you ban someone from a grid?

Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
OSVW Consulting
http://justincc.org