List:       opensim-users
Subject:    [Opensim-users] save iar / no longer saves the 'root' "My Inventory" folder - it just saves the Obje
From:       Justin Clark-Casey <jjustincc () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2013-02-16 2:41:25

Hi folks.  Just a small note to say that in OpenSimulator development code commit \
d54d3180 (Sat Feb 16 00:49:06 2013), I  have changed "save iar" so that specifying / \
as the internal inventory path.  For instance,

save iar Justin Clark-Casey / password

will now save all the folders below "My Inventory" (Objects, Textures, etc) rather \
than "My Inventory" itself.

I believe this is more correct than saving an actual "My Inventory" folder, since "My \
Inventory" is not a real folder -  it's really just the name of the user's inventory.

This also means that IARs saved like this can be used to restore an entire user's \
                inventory, using the "load iar
--merge" functionas detailed at [1], rather than leaving you stuck with everything \
under a duplicate "My Inventory"  folder on restore.

The same effect could be achieved by using /* as the save iar path and this will \
continue to work but it's more  intuitive to use /.

This change does not affect any other path.  If you wanted to save only the contents \
of a/b/c for example and not the  folder itself, you would need to use the path \
a/b/c/*

This isn't a big change but I thought that I would let people know.

[1] http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Inventory_Archives#Saving_an_entire_user.27s_inventory

--
Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
OSVW Consulting