List:       opensim-users
Subject:    Re: [Opensim-users] Which grid is going to be the next official Opensimulator Test Grid?
From:       Justin Clark-Casey <jjustincc () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2013-02-14 1:44:54

The current wiki doc is [1] which should be valid for current OpenSimulator (and for \
some time in the past since the  basic architecture hasn't changed since 0.6.9).  \
However, this will only take you through setting up a bare bones grid  and not any \
kind of web interface as these are not bundled with OpenSimulator.

[1] http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Configuration#Running_OpenSimulator_in_Grid_mode
On 12/02/13 15:11, Robert Martin wrote:
> speaking of setting up a grid is there a good current doc somewhere that gives the \
> steps on how to setup a grid (or convert a simonastick to a full public grid)??
>
> bonus points if somebody has a web interface with full control (creating regions \
> setting terrain heightmaps ect)
>
> On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 9:45 AM, Sarge Misfit <fubat.enterprises@gmail.com \
> <mailto:fubat.enterprises@gmail.com>> wrote:
> I don't think that OSGrid will change from being the develop and test grid. But \
> there may be a grid that comes together as the main community grid.
>

> On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 4:41 AM, James Hughes <jamesh@bluewallgroup.com \
> <mailto:jamesh@bluewallgroup.com>> wrote:
> We will be holding OpenSim Office Hours on Wright Plaza each Tuesday at the \
> scheduled time.
> -BlueWall
>

> On 02/12/2013 05:36 AM, Bartholomew Gallacher wrote:
>
> Hello there,
>
> in the light of some fundamental personal changes which happened during
> the last few weeks in OSgrid, namely the head administration, there are
> big changes going on and still underway, changing the atmosphere in
> there at great lengths, since big parts of the user base have been
> alienated by the administration.
>
> Changes which already drove great parts of the well grown and
> established community there out of the grid. Changes which made the
> community suffering.
>
> Changes, if they are still going on at that level and if the resulting
> drain continues, could render OSgrid finally useless as official
> testgrid for Opensimulator because of a mostly non existant user base then.
>
> So my simple question is: which grid is going to be the next official
> test grid for Opensimulator just in case OSgrid is going to run further
> down the hill quite as it alrady has done? Or are there going to be more
> official test grids in the future at the same time?
>
> Greetings,
> Bart

> --
> Robert L Martin