List:       opensim-users
Subject:    [Opensim-users] Help: Another OpenSim crash
From:       cliveg () gmail ! com (Clive Gould)
Date:       2012-02-29 8:20:48

Hi everyone

Last week we encountered two errors with our standalone simulator:

i) Certain existing users were being prevented from logging in and
were receiving the message "Unable to create login request" from
within the client. The problem turned out to be down to a bug in
MySQL. This was solved by applying a fix within StandaloneCommon.ini
which was to append the string Old Guids=true; to the end of BOTH
ConnectionString lines.

ii) With a lot of objects/scripts rezzed we encountered segmentation
errors when shutting down the simulator. The solution was to upgrade
the version of mono we were using to 2.10.2

Yesterday afternoon  the simulator crashed (which it hasn't done for
ages) and the error message in OpenSim.log is appended

Could this be anything to do with the upgrade of mono or the changes
to StandaloneCommon.ini?

Any ideas welcomed please

Thanks very much

Clive

2012-02-28 16:13:19,743 INFO  -
OpenSim.Region.ClientStack.LindenUDP.LLClientView [CLIENT]: Got a
logout request for Estate Manager in Bromley
2012-02-28 16:13:19,753 DEBUG -
OpenSim.Region.ClientStack.LindenUDP.LLClientView [CLIENT]: Close has
been called for Estate Manager attached to scene Bromley
2012-02-28 16:13:19,754 DEBUG -
OpenSim.Services.PresenceService.PresenceService [PRESENCE SERVICE]:
Session 04760ca2-7a85-4bb9-98c7-c21c9cd1defd logout
2012-02-28 16:13:19,756 DEBUG -
OpenSim.Services.UserAccountService.GridUserService [GRID USER
SERVICE]: User 6a4f93c7-8500-40fc-9bfc-19c7e04deb80 is offline
2012-02-28 16:13:19,766 DEBUG - OpenSim.Region.Framework.Scenes.Scene
[SCENE]: Removing root agent 6a4f93c7-8500-40fc-9bfc-19c7e04deb80 from
region Bromley
2012-02-28 16:13:51,661 ERROR - OpenSim.Application [APPLICATION]:
APPLICATION EXCEPTION DETECTED: System.UnhandledExceptionEventArgs

Exception: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
Parameter name: offset exceeds the size of buffer
  at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.BeginRead (System.Byte[] buffer,
Int32 offset, Int32 size, System.AsyncCallback callback, System.Object
state) [0x00000] in <filename unkno
wn>:0
  at HttpServer.HttpClientContext.OnReceive (IAsyncResult ar)
[0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Application is terminating: True