List:       opensim-users
Subject:    [Opensim-users] OpenSim services bundle test
From:       gwyneth.llewelyn () gwynethllewelyn ! net (Gwyneth Llewelyn)
Date:       2012-02-28 19:44:32

Hi there,

Just a bump on this thread ? I had to move my own grid to a different server and \
grabbed the opportunity to install the new OpenSim Services bundle from core.mimetic. \
They worked like a charm, and I love the single configuration file :) Thank you very \
much :-)

I'm still stuck at figuring out how to get profiles working across HG teleports. It \
seems I'm not the only one: when I view content obtained from a different grid, the \
name of the content creator is correctly displayed, but, so far, on the few tests I \
made, I don't get their profiles (from the remote grid). I wonder what trick is \
required to get cross-grid profiles working well?

There was a slight hiccup when I realised that my PHP version didn't have XML-RPC \
built-in. Fortunately, on this "new" server, I was able to quickly add that module \
and relaunch Apache. But perhaps for the next version you might do a check to see if \
xmlrpc_create_* is defined, and if not, use an alternative XML-RPC handler instead? \
(Some hosting providers disallow adding modules to PHP). I've posted the (tested) \
code here: http://forge.opensimulator.org/gf/project/osprofile/forum/?action=ForumBrowse&forum_id=314&_forum_action=ForumMessageBrowse&thread_id=319 \
? although I didn't add any checks. I've used the Incutio XML-RPC library which is \
currently maintained by Automattic's WordPress and, as such, is supposed to be free \
of nasty bugs.

Great work as always, core! Thank you very much!

	- Gwyn