List:       opensim-users
Subject:    [Opensim-users] OpenSimulator 0.7.3-rc2 released
From:       jjustincc () googlemail ! com (Justin Clark-Casey)
Date:       2012-02-25 2:42:14

Hi folks.  OpenSimulator 0.7.3-rc2 (Release Candidate 2 for the forthcoming 0.7.3) is \
now available at [1].  Release  notes are at [2].

There are actually quite a few changes compared to 0.7.3-rc1.  These include SQLite \
support for telehubs, improvements  to avatar movement where neighbouring regions are \
running on different machines and support for running OpenSimulator as  a 64-bit \
process on Windows (using OpenSim.exe rather than OpenSim.32BitLaunch.exe).  In fact, \
this release is  functionally identical to git master code up until commit b48b0b1e \
(Sat 25 Feb 2012).

As ever, this is alpha software so only major regressions from previous OpenSimulator \
releases will be resolved in some way (where WONTFIX is a possible resolution).  If \
you are planning to upgrade to OpenSimulator 0.7.3 then I strongly suggest that you \
give this a test spin and report any major regressions via the Mantis.

This release does incorporate some region database changes, though these are \
additions and so should be backward compatible with older OpenSimulator releases.  \
Nonetheless, I don't recommend trying a release candidate on anything other than a \
test grid.

[1] http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Download
[2] http://opensimulator.org/wiki/0.7.3_Release

Thanks!