List:       opensim-users
Subject:    [Opensim-users] Issue with FreeSwitch
From:       katronix.serf () gmail ! com (Katronix Serf)
Date:       2011-08-23 14:46:40

On 8/23/2011 4:16 AM, Ai Austin wrote:
> At 03:29 23/08/2011, opensim-users-request at lists.berlios.de wrote:
>> I'm not sure it's actually possible to use Freeswitch for the whole
>> grid right now.  I know some code was put up for
>> this but I'm not sure that it's fully implemented.
>

> just to let you know... it is possible to use a Freeswitch voice
> server on regions attache to OSGrid.  And you can use the local
> connector method to do that and point at your own FreeSwitch server...
> as that probably the easiest to understand the setup for.
>
> Or if you are separately running a Robust service for another grid you
> can piggy back on that service for FreeSwitch connectivity on your
> OSGrid regions by using a remote connector - useful if you use the
> same FreeSwitch service for both your own Grid and for your OSGrid
> hosted regions.

It would be nice if someone could write a more complete how to than the
one posted at http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Freeswitch_Module .
<http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Freeswitch_Module>

As I have found this one keeps talking about Robust files, and I don't
even use Robust. It also seems to be a little haphazard about changing
back and forth between Grid Mode and Standalone, with out really
explaining a whole lot.

Kat