List:       opensim-users
Subject:    [Opensim-users] MYSQL upgrade
From:       mewtwo0641 () cox ! net (Chris)
Date:       2011-06-24 20:05:40

Thanks Chris, Marcel and Luisillo for your help.  I wanted to be
cautious.  I do make backups using the mysqldump.  Right now while
building and getting ready only a few members actually log on.  But the
inventory is growing and didn't want sudden issues with items not being
found.

> By upgrading from 5.1.41 to 5.5 will I get any sped increase, or do
> you think it isn't worth the trouble??
>
> I am just a little nervous about upgrading.  It has been a long time
> since my opensim has run so well.  I don't want to screw it up now.
> The only issues I have right now, it might be client side.  In Hippo
> it is nearly perfect and only at some times I can't be seen by
> others.  Until I TP to another sim and return to them.  I tried
> Imprudence last night and no matter what I do others only show
> attachments, and they only see mine.  So, I returned to Hippo.
>
> I think I should write this alone in its own post.  At the moment
> thanks for the MySQL tips.
>
> Your friend in opensim,
> InuYasha

No problem at all. I did not notice any speed increase myself by
updating to 5.5.x ... I would say that if you aren't having any trouble
with 5.1.x or do not have need of features / security updates in 5.5.x
that 5.1.x might not have; I would say stick to what is working for you =)