List:       opensim-users
Subject:    [Opensim-users] Ports for streaming audio
From:       lists () asquare ! org (Garrett Lynch)
Date:       2011-06-16 11:27:09

hi all

> The parcel doesn't actually stream any audio, and requires no ports be
> opened for that purpose, at least as regards opensim. What -does- happen is
> that the parcel passes the viewer an address for a music or other audio
> stream, and the viewer then acts as a player for that stream.
>
> Cheers
> James

> Usually around 8000 though it depends on the shoutcast provider.
>
> Mike

Ah this was my fear so it could be any port even though most (for some reason) use \
around 8000.  The stream I've put on my parcel works at home (no firewall) but \
doesn't work at work (firewall), doesn't matter whether I use an OpenSim client or \
just an audio player.  I do want a fixed stream so I guess I'll just get that one \
port opened rather than a range which I was hoping for.  Thanks for all you help \
everyone.

Garrett
Garrett at asquare.org
http://www.asquare.org/