List:       opensim-users
Subject:    [Opensim-users] OpenSim release candidate packages now listed on download wiki page. Also, config pa
From:       jjustincc () googlemail ! com (Justin Clark-Casey)
Date:       2011-04-22 23:01:27

Hi folks.

As mentioned yesterday on \
https://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/opensim-users/2011-April/007029.html, the binary \
and source  packages for 0.7.1-rc1 (release candidate 1) are now listed on \
http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Download

I have also gone through the wiki config pages and overhauled them somewhat, both for \
general clarity and to address  OpenSim 0.7.1-rc1 specific changes.  In particular, I \
hope that http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Configuration is better.  I updated the grid \
setup instructions and successfully followed them from scratch with two separate \
machines (Windows XP  and Ubuntu 10.10) on a local LAN.

I also created a new page that talks about the structure of OpenSim configuration \
files (particularly the new  OpenSimDefaults.ini in 0.7.1-rc1),

http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Configuring_Simulator_Parameters

It's a work in progress but any edits for clarity or sense would be much appreciated.

--
Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
http://justincc.org/blog