List:       opensim-users
Subject:    [Opensim-users] OpenSim 0.7.1-rc1 available for download.
From:       jjustincc () googlemail ! com (Justin Clark-Casey)
Date:       2011-04-22 0:54:43

Hi folks.  OpenSim 0.7.1-rc1 (release candidate 1) packages are now available for \
download from the following locations

http://dist.opensimulator.org/opensim-0.7.1-rc1-bin.tar.gz
http://dist.opensimulator.org/opensim-0.7.1-rc1-bin.zip

http://dist.opensimulator.org/opensim-0.7.1-rc1-source.tar.gz
http://dist.opensimulator.org/opensim-0.7.1-rc1-source.zip

The binary downloads are pre-configured for standalone, so it should be possible \
simply to download them and then run  OpenSim.exe (or OpenSim.32bit.exe as \
appropriate).

I've done a basic sanity check (download and create one region and login) but if \
other people want to check them and  report any problems then that would be grand.  I \
will place download links on the usual wiki page tomorrow (Friday) once  they're \
known to be okay.  At that point I will also update wiki pages for the major \
configuration changes (chiefly the  existence of OpenSimDefaults.ini).

This is the first release candidate for the 0.7.1 release, so this may not be its \
final form.  I've created a new  0.7.1-rc1 category in Mantis for bug reports.  \
However, please only report significant regressions from earlier OpenSim  releases in \
this category - as we're still an alpha project these are the only bugs that we are \
very likely to address.   Other bugs should be reported in the 'master' category as \
usual.

Since it's been a long time since the last release there are a very large number of \
changes.  There is a partial list at  http://opensimulator.org/wiki/0.7.1_Release but \
various recent things probably still need to be added.

Best,

--
Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
http://justincc.org/blog