List:       opensim-users
Subject:    [Opensim-users] Manage OpenSim Instances Remotely
From:       jjustincc () googlemail ! com (Justin Clark-Casey)
Date:       2011-03-31 20:48:15

On 30/03/11 03:47, Levi Martson wrote:
> Is there a good tool to manage OpenSim regions remotely?

The usual approach for Linux installations is to run OpenSim in the 'screen' tool, or \
often remote desktop sharing in  Windows.

Alternatives include 3rd party tools (e.g. hwios as Jeroen mentioned) or the remote \
'rest' console bundled with OpenSim

http://opensimulator.org/wiki/RestConsole

This is a console that should be able to attach to remote instances and issue \
commands.  However, I've never tried it  myself and some commands (such as load oar) \
are still wrongly pushing output to the log, which I don't think is received  back \
(?).

Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
http://justincc.org/blog
http://twitter.com/justincc