List:       opensim-users
Subject:    [Opensim-users] Phoenix viewer corrupting MySQL database. Anyone else?
From:       mewtwo0641 () cox ! net (Chris)
Date:       2011-02-07 0:32:02

Are you using Phoenix Viewer version 725 or higher? Phoenix 725 and
higher implements the attachment stacking of the viewer 2 series. As far
as I know OS does NOT support this server side yet. When you "add" an
attachment or an entire folder with the newer Phoenix viewers, it will
actually stack the attachments instead of wear them. Since OS does not
support this, it will show up in the form of all your attachments
attaching to the chest by default, zero rotation, and default
positioning. Unfortunately there is no way (that I know of) to revert
the newer Phoenixes to the old way of attaching things. You will need to
use Phoenix 373 or lower for now.

-----

BTW, it doesn't ruin the database when this happens... It just ruins the
those copies of attachments. If you have a backup of the avatar you made
in another folder you should find that the attachments work fine when
you log into another viewer and make a copy of your backup. So no need
to worry about griefers ruining your database... only thing they will
ruin is their own attachments =)