List:       opensim-users
Subject:    [Opensim-users] Opensim Webinterface Redux
From:       marceled9 () gmail ! com (marcel verhagen)
Date:       2010-07-31 23:50:09

The most of the time I try to use the newest versions of the software
availiable. But I am not afraid thing crash or will will melt my harddrive
or something like that. Mine runs with php 5.3, it gives a lot of warning
though. But so does opensim when I compile it. Fortunately the display of
these warnings can be disabled and the opensim compile warning scroll way to
fast out of the console to can actually what the warning is about. (Hey
those are not like the windowz warnings wich can couse you computer to
restart without letting you log in, you should more see them like an advice
in the sence of there is better way to code that :))

I just copied the xoopensim module to the modules directory and installed
the module in the admin interface.

Enabled the block for the xoopersim and so doing got basic xoopensim up and
running. (I can see the map withouth loggin in from the web)

Not sure what you mean with the xmlrpc thing, you probably think you just
need to set up some config. But I am afraid you should do a bit more to get
things running. Let me try to give you a few hints.

XMLRPC should be asa module in you php installation, try 'php -m' (from the
cmd or shell) it should list xml, xmlreader, xmlrpc and xmlwriter.

>From opensim you should also do some setup.

- The profile, first the compile part:

The profile module (with is nice) should be compiled seperately, simply copy
it to the opensim source dir and then compile (I do runprebuild.sh and then
nant, I do not know how to do that in windows should be something like
runprebuild.sh and then copile.bat) It should copy the nessesary files to
the opensim bin dir automaticly.

- Then the money thing: (there are some dragons here)

Download the money server from our japanese friends, and apply the money
path on the opensim source. Outcomment the OnNewClient function in the
Momenymodule.cs script. (that should be enabled or opensim will not update
the viewer about the money change) and I bet some other little changed are
nessesay I cannot remenber wich other small changes I made to make it
functionally. Sure some more work needs to be done on this script to make
the currency word. Like the approuch though since it does not give delays
when crossing sim borders. I definately do not like the way the currency is
processed. I also changed the currency and helper scripts in xoopensim and
added some payment methods. The basis is there though. You can skip the
money dragon if wish to.

- The classifieds

The classifieds are a part of the profile, they should work when you
properly set up the profile. Some more rewiting of some other php script is
needed to make the classifieds work with currecy like the parser.php script.

- The search

For the search you should download the search component from the opensim
forge and install as an addon in the opensim dir. The search php scripts I
installed into a subdir of xoopersim.

- The groups

The groups have a little dragon to. For the groups to work you should
install the sql file in the
/modules/xoopensim/flotsam_XmlRpcGroup/groups.sql

- Then you should recompile opensim from the opensim dir. (in this stage you
should have mad 3 different compilations, one for the profile, one for the
money server and one compile for the opensim)

When this all went oke then you can go on the configuration op the opensim
and all the different things you installed.

I dropped all in the same database. (think this is the easiest ..)

Database config should be set in:

-xoops, you did this when you installed xoops
-/modules/xoopensim/flotsam_XmlRpcGroup/xmlrpcgroups_config.php (lol, indeed
the groups should work even if you are not logged into xoops)
-/modules/xoopersim/helper/databaseinfo.php (is used for the search
query.php en parser.php scripts, again the database info is set here so that
opensim can acces these scipts without logging into xoops)
-for robust in Robust.ini or Robust.HG.ini set the mysql config variabels as
they should. Set the economy entry to https://yourserver:8008/ (mind the
https, it will not work without)

The xoopersim config should also be set oki. I added a few config vars for
banker avatar and a buy url, but that should not be nessesary to get it
running.

The money server has his own config in the opensim bin dir MoneyServer.ini
the confirm url should point to the currency.php script in the xoopensim dir
/modules/xoopensim/helper/currency.php since this is the url where the
transactions go when the avatar does not have enough OS$

The settings in the opensim.ini are also interesting:

I have got the mine as follows: (change to yourserver to your domain or ip
adres)

    DrawPrimOnMapTile = true
    TextureOnMapTile = false
[Messaging]
    ; the mute.php script does not do anything yet. it should be there
though
    InstantMessageModule = InstantMessageModule
    MessageTransferModule = MessageTransferModule
    OfflineMessageModule = OfflineMessageModule
    OfflineMessageURL =
http://yourserver/sims/modules/xoopensim/helper/offline.php
    MuteListModule = MuteListModule
    MuteListURL = http://yuourserver/sims/modules/xoopensim/helper/Mute.php
    ForwardOfflineGroupMessages = true
[DataSnapshot]
; for the search, it gets it info from here
    index_sims = true
    data_exposure = minimum
    gridname = "RaWHiDe"
    default_snapshot_period = 1200
    snapshot_cache_directory = "DataSnapshot"
[Economy]
; to make the currency work
    EconomyModule  = DTLMoneyModule
   CurrencyServer = https://yourserver:8008/
    EconomyBaseAccount = f7554dd3-4443-487c-ab4e-12599f682580
    UserServer = http://yourserver:8002/
    PriceUpload = 100
    PriceGroupCreate = 100

[Groups]
; the groups in opensim
    Enabled = true
    Module  = GroupsModule
    NoticesEnabled   = true
    DebugEnabled     = false
    MessagingModule = GroupsMessagingModule
    MessagingEnabled = true
    GroupsServerURI        =
http://yourserver/sims/modules/xoopensim/helper/xmlgroups.php
    ServicesConnectorModule = XmlRpcGroupsServicesConnector
    XmlRpcServiceURL        =
http://yourserver/sims/modules/xoopensim/helper/xmlgroups.php
    XmlRpcServiceReadKey    = 1234
    XmlRpcServiceWriteKey   = 1234
[Architecture]
    ; choose grid or hggrid, I think it needs for some part the grid thing
    Include-Grid         = "config-include/Grid.ini"
    ;Include-HGGrid       = "config-include/GridHypergrid.ini"

[XMLRPC]
    ; not sure if opensim uses the 20800 port, but when xmlrpc does not work
you can try to open this port in your router
    XmlRpcRouterModule = "XmlRpcRouterModule"
    XmlRpcPort = 20800

[Search]
   ; where can opensim find the search script
SearchURL = http://yourserverl/sims/modules/xoopensim/helper/query.php

[Profile]
  ; and where the profile ?
ProfileURL = http://yourserver/sims/modules/xoopensim/helper/profile.php

It is quite tricky to get all runnig. Took me weeks to figure it all out.
And still there are things witch do not work oki yet. (like the mute and
some things)