List:       opensim-users
Subject:    [Opensim-users] Recommended Approach for Voice for Opensim
From:       ai.ai.austin () gmail ! com (Ai Austin)
Date:       2010-07-29 14:05:48

We note that Freeswitch voice works fine in SL Viewer 1.23.5 and
Radegast 1.22.715, but it does not connect at all if you try to use
SL Viewer 2.1. is that what folks expect?  Has some change been made
to the voice in the SL Viewer 2 series that make it incompatible with
the Opensim Freeswitch module? Or is it something simpler that can be
changed to make it works fine.

SL Viewer 2 works fine with Opensim in other respects after you
reattach your hair and things which seem to get dropped when its first used.

I ask that as we need to use the SL Viewer 2 for most of what we do
nowadays due to media on a prim being so prevalent in our use of
virtual worlds... as we will be keen to move on to use MOAP when
Justin incorporates it into future versions of Opensim,.  And as I
said voice is actually a critical element of course for collaboration
uses of virtual worlds. So its NEARLY all coming together.