List:       opensim-users
Subject:    [Opensim-users] Region crossings crashing the grid.
From:       hainest () gmail ! com (Tom Haines)
Date:       2010-04-28 17:10:05

I have been experiencing crashes of our region server on our grid when
avatars are crossing region borders. The details surrounding this can be
found in mantis here: http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=4588 (my
info is under the "bitoffish" posting). I understand that these issues take
time to resolve, but I'm looking for a way to mitigate this problem in the
meantime.

The exception is being thrown in the CombatModule.AvatarEnteringParcel
method. Is there is a way to disable this module since we don't use combat
across grid?

If not, I'm considering building from source, and commenting out the code
in CombatModule.AvatarEnteringParcel to avoid the exception, or placing it
in a Try/Catch block. I want to avoid this, because I don't want to run
hacked versions of the code. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to
properly debug the issue and submit a fix.

Any thoughts on this issue?