List:       opensim-users
Subject:    [Opensim-users] Multiples of Diva's Megaregion Server
From:       lenwbrown () gmail ! com (Len Brown)
Date:       2009-09-23 14:11:18

Thank you so much for your reply.  Again, I'm tremendously pleased with your
implementation so far and most certainly look forward to further
enhancements to your particular distro as they become available.

And thanks for writing up something later on!

At first I was pretty hesitant about the whole "megaregion" thing to begin
with bt as I got to giving it really serious consideration I began to
realize it's just my stern opposition to anything different from "the norm"
that sometimes causes me more grief than comfort.

After a bit of foresight I began seeing many wonderful benefits.  This
original posting here for example...  I'd been working on a map of a whole
island I wanted to create in OS but it would have required a grid of 5X5
regular regions to make up a total of 25 regions to manage and run.

With megaregions, I can run a simple 3X3 grid of 9 servers and wind up with
the equlavent of 36 regions - substantially more overall virtual space to
play with but with substantually fewer individual servers to maintain.

:)  If I were a cat I'd be purring right now.  Wait a sec, let me switch
avatars...  There we go!

purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

- Len