List:       opensim-users
Subject:    [Opensim-users] XML2 and OAR
From:       stefan () tribalmedia ! se (Stefan Andersson)
Date:       2009-04-20 18:16:49

One of my many 'TODO's is to at least outline document the current set of 'protocols' \
within OpenSim (the non-LL ones) separately, per function domain, on the wiki, with \
at least example messages, so we can start discussing what a 'better' protocol would \
be. (I started a page trying to figure out what xml3 should be, it's still there on \
the wiki...)

The rationale behind that is that people probably don't realize how much of OpenSim \
is accessible as web services, data waiting and yearning to be integrated.

(You all do realize that our ad hoc quick and dirty set of "just serialize the damn \
thing" pragmatic shortcuts are now probably running quite a meaty amount of the total \
non-commercial 3D content traffic in the world...)

Until I get time, anybody's welcome to beat me to it.

Best regards,
Stefan Andersson