List:       opensim-users
Subject:    [Opensim-users] Withdrawing preview config changes for now
From:       jjustincc () googlemail ! com (Justin Clark-Casey)
Date:       2009-03-17 18:02:27

I see that there is a general (though not total) lack of support for splitting up the \
existing OpenSim.ini[.example] in  the ways I've previewed.

I still believe that it will be necessary to split this file and I think a certain \
proportion of the proposal has been  misunderstood - at no point has it been \
absolutely necessary to copy more than one .ini file and the existing overrides  will \
continue to work.  In hindsight, I should have put the proposal on a wiki page since \
it's difficult to follow all  the threads.

However, I also accept that my previous proposals may also not be the best way to go \
about this.  It seems that a  complicated configuration story has already grown up \
around OpenSim.

Unfortunately, I really need to turn my time and attention to other things and so I \
won't be doing any more work right  now to revise this (and I've removed the config \
preview).  However, I may do some minor work to adjust the existing  \
OpenSim.ini[.example] to bring the 95% used variables to the top of the file and \
remove some of the settings which were  originally experimental but are now \
effectively permanent.

If anybody else wants to pick up this ball and run with it then please feel free.  If \
nobody does then I may revisit the  topic some time later on.

--
justincc
Justin Clark-Casey