List:       opensim-users
Subject:    [Opensim-users] Vista 64?
From:       Chris () codetorque ! co ! uk (Chris Hart)
Date:       2009-02-26 10:02:12

I understood we removed the remoting code, hence the old 8895
requirement has gone, but what about general region comms? Port 9000+?
You need to open up ports on the root port number and for all other
regions (as specified in region xml) for TCP and UDP traffic, right? If
this has changed completely and totally then please can someone document
it slightly? Otherwise I don't see how you can possibly put a server
online - I route only those ports I need to my servers, so stuff like
port 80 for web server, and, to date, ports in the range of 9000+ for
region traffic for OpenSim etc.

Or please tell me if I'm going mad J