List:       opensim-users
Subject:    [Opensim-users] Grid Mode - Messaging Service - Needs Enabling?
From:       ai.ai.austin () googlemail ! com (Ai Austin)
Date:       2009-01-26 12:07:42

>I am not sure my grid mode messaging service setup is quite right
>and would appreciate advice....

The messageng server is running okay on port 8006, but I do not seem
to be able to send IMs to avatars who are not at that moment
on-line.  And I cannot drop inventory on the profile of an avatar who
is not online.

Should I be able to do those things?  or is that not yet working?

if so, how can I enable it so it works.  if its relevant the
essagingServer_Config.xml file contents are as follows (I wondered if
the puiblished_ip was the thing that must be altered?

<Root>
   <Config default_user_server="http://127.0.0.1:8002/"
user_send_key="1234" user_recv_key="1234"
default_grid_server="http://127.0.0.1:8001/"grid_send_key="9999"
grid_recv_key="9999"
database_connect="Data Source=localhost;Database=****;User
ID=****;Password=****;"
database_provider="OpenSim.Data.MySQL.dll"
region_comms_provider="OpenSim.Region.Communications.OGS1.dll"
http_port="8006" http_ssl="False" published_ip="127.0.0.1" />
</Root>