List:       opensim-users
Subject:    [Opensim-users] KirstenLee Viewer R15-1
From:       stefan () tribalmedia ! se (Stefan Andersson)
Date:       2008-09-18 12:34:52

Hm; that's an interesting one - I guess if that viewer is tweaked to use another \
asset Id as default, I don't know what OpenSim should do about it. Obviously, the \
viewer then depends on the grid which you use the viewer on having installed the \
OpenLibrary 3.0;
I guess that we can hard-code our plywood asset into that guid to provide a quickfix, \
but then again I think this is an issue for the viewer coder/grid providers.
It's definitively a slippery slope. Although we want to support many clients, we \
can't embark on supporting every tweak and every grid-specific.
Then again, I would say the really progressive, cool and opensim way would be if \
there was a way for the region to inform the client as of what it considers the \
default texture to be, without breaking standard sl viewer compatibility. That could \
also serve as a first step towards client configurability.
Could you talk to the viewer programmer and suggest this? See what he/she says?
Best regards,Stefan AnderssonTribal Media AB Join the 3d web revolution : \
http://tribalnet.se/

From: david@pryor.eu.comTo: stefan at tribalmedia.se; opensim-users at \
lists.berlios.de; lbsa71 at hotmail.comSubject: RE: [Opensim-users] KirstenLee Viewer \
R15-1Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 13:12:25 +0200

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for the reply, luckley I can now give you a bit more information. I found a \
blog site for Kirstenlee Cinquetti, late yesterday and sent a message asking for the \
reason for the change and to check the viewer was behaving as expected. It appears \
that the viewer is doing what it should and Kirstenlee was kind enough to provide \
this explination......

yus the new testure in r15-1 is the default texture from OpenLibrary 3.0 , r15 of \
course works almost aswell if you really badly need plywood ^^ 18 September 2008 \
10:52 I hope this is of assistance and gives you an indication of what is needed.

Is this likely to be a change to the asset set, that will be included in a future \
build? If it is I will wait until then, rather than hack around in the database. \
Please let me know, it?s a local grid so I can edit anything I need to.
Kirstenlee?s blog can be found here \
https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=482639195824802744&postID=2160958409374159151&page=1.

Dave

From: lbsa71@hotmail.com [mailto:lbsa71 at hotmail.com] On Behalf Of Stefan \
AnderssonSent: 18 September 2008 09:23To: david at sarldavids.com; opensim-users at \
lists.berlios.deSubject: RE: [Opensim-users] KirstenLee Viewer R15-1
Dave, Do you have any idea as of why they have done this? If it's for a legitimate \
reason, I guess one way to solve it is to add another asset to the standard OpenSim \
asset set with guid cfcb6139-8813-46ff-9975-0afee9b33f70 pointing to the same binary \
file (the plywood texture) on disk - or you or your grid host could just add another \
asset to the asset database.I'd be happy to add this to the standard lib if we think \
it's a good idea.Best regards,Stefan AnderssonTribal Media AB Join the 3d web \
revolution : http://tribalnet.se/

From: david@pryor.eu.comTo: opensim-users at lists.berlios.deDate: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 \
17:40:21 +0200Subject: [Opensim-users] KirstenLee Viewer R15-1

Hi folks,

Just installed the latest KirstenLee viewer and all my ?Plywood? buildings have \
changed from a pale wood texture to a rather bright green and white pattern.
I know that ?Plywood? is the default texture and am wondering if these lines from the \
version R15-1 release notes might have a bearing on the problem.......
Changed Default Prim Texture to cfcb6139-8813-46ff-9975-0afee9b33f70 Settings & \
indra.i. Recompiled with new prim UUID on material codes.

I?d love to get my ?Plywood? back if possible, I still have R15 and can still see the \
wood texture fine using that. Any thoughts would be gratefully accepted as would any \
information on how to contact the creator of the viewer, I can find no email address, \
web address, method of reporting bugs or of giving feedback.
Thanks in advance.

Dave