List:       opensim-dev
Subject:    Re: [Opensim-dev] Problems With Teleports in 7.5
From:       Justin Clark-Casey <jjustincc () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2013-05-09 22:23:26

I suggest trying the setting

async_call_method = UnsafeQueueUserWorkItem

in [Startup] if you are running mono 2.10 or later.  This setting uses the built in \
thread pool for non-script temporary  threads rather than the SmartThreadPool (STP) \
package that OpenSimulator included in 0.7.5 post-fixes.  There appears to  be an \
association between STP and this issue.  See Mantis 6557 [1] for more details, which \
sounds like the same issue.

It appears that the built-in threadpool worked badly on mono 2.4 and before, which \
was one of the reasons for STP.  However, I believe this was resolved in mono 2.10 \
(though more data is very welcome).  I have also updated the version  of STP used in \
current OpenSimulator dev code which may or may not help - awaiting results on this.

[1] http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=6557

On 15/04/13 17:31, David Saunders wrote:
> Hey
>
> I ran into a problem I having trouble tracing down to something to fix...
>
> using OpenSim 0.7.5 Post_Fixes:
>
> My problem is Avatars try to TP into a region and the region thinks they have \
> arived but they never get teleported. Then it removes the agent, including loging \
> them out. And they are hanging in the sim before the teleport and shown offline.
>
> This happens after a set of time, and then all avatars trying to TP into the sim \
> are handle this way. The sim needs to be restarted for this to be resolved.
>
> The Avatar who has failed teleport will receive the alerts from the target sim. \
> receive local chat from the the sim there in.
>
> On reset the Avatar is booted from the grid.
>

> I have installed this same code on about 13  different sims and not seen this \
> happening with any of them.  These are are sims that been updated from 7.2 with new \
> cache directories and asset directory so its unlikely a cross contamination of \
> dlls.
>
> David

Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
OSVW Consulting