List:       opensim-dev
Subject:    [Opensim-dev] Assets over HTTP rather than MySQL
From:       jjustincc () googlemail ! com (Justin Clark-Casey)
Date:       2012-05-14 18:05:05

If you're talking about serving assets over HTTP (rather than UDP) from a MySQL store \
via the simulator then this is  already being done by viewers which support assets \
over HTTP.

If you're talking about service assets directly from the asset service (which in turn \
gets them from the mysql database)  rather than relaying them through the simulator, \
then I believe this is possible through current OpenSimulator but black  magic to set \
up - it's not something I have done.

If you're talking about storing assets in something other than a MySQL database then \
third party services such as SRAS  and SimianGrid store assets on the filesystem \
instead.

On 14/05/12 11:15, Per Mint wrote:
> Hello,
> I was wondering if anyone had plans to implement assets over HTTP which are \
> currently stored in MySQL database. I heard that Kitely does use a similar feature \
> now and I would be interrested in setting up a grid from the start using this kind \
> of asset management. Thanks !
> PMint.

Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
http://justincc.org/blog