List:       opensim-dev
Subject:    [Opensim-dev] Opensim 0.7 tidying up the MySQL DB connection string
From:       diva () metaverseink ! com (Diva Canto)
Date:       2010-06-20 16:27:55

On 6/19/2010 11:44 PM, Alex Ra wrote:
> M>  I don't know how the old dll dan work with the new Migrations, does
> M>  the old dll then also contain a MySqlScript class?
> M>  If not, why aren't there loading/linking errors with the old dll?
>
> Hello Melanie,
>
> Apparently, although the MySqlMigration class is already in the main
> repo, the code that actually uses it (see my post about tracking asset
> access) is only in my github fork, so for all I know the MySqlScript
> is not used anywhere in 0.7 (I have not actually looked at the code
> for a couple of weeks, so may be somewhat out of date).
>
> Which means that the timeout issue is caused by the new driver in
> general (i.e. MySqlCommand), rather than specifically by MySqlScript.

After having looked briefly at the source code of this connector
yesterday, both 5.2 and 6.2, I'm inclined to believe that that's the
case. The MySqlScript class didn't change.

> I do have the driver sources installed here and will take a look as
> soon as I can (before Monday, probably).

I suspect that you need to look both at the 6.3 and the 5.2 to
understand why things work in the old one but fail in the new one.