List:       opensim-dev
Subject:    [Opensim-dev] Communcation between projects
From:       fly.man.opensim () gmail ! com (Fly Man)
Date:       2010-03-02 20:33:11

It seems there's a small misunderstanding about what the word *communication
*means in OpenSim

In my honest opinion, there's a list of all the people that are working on
something, like a module or pieces of code that extend Opensim to a working
system.

But for some reason, I'm getting the feeling that the communication within
the developers groups for OpenSim is way off

Example: I am working on getting Profiles 100% working inside OpenSim. At
this moment, 95 % of this is achieved by the module that is on the Gforge at
this moment

After the "mistake" that's called merge the whole module at this moment
isn't working.

BUT: and I quote from IRC now:

[20:38] <jhurlima2> Fly-Man-, there are no profiles in the latest opensim
code
[20:38] <justincc> there's always going to be bumps in the road
[20:38] <Fly-Man-> jhurlima2: Jupz, I know that now
[20:38] <jhurlima2> as you discovered
[20:38] <Fly-Man-> the whole Iprofile is deleted
[20:38] <jhurlima2> yes
[20:38] <Fly-Man-> since the whole IProfile was a part of the
OpenSim.Profile
[20:38] <Fly-Man-> I have a module that's dead now
[20:39] <Fly-Man-> and let's see
[20:39]  * Fly-Man- DOESN"T like DEAD modules in a working grid
[20:39] <jhurlima2> i'm working on a new profile module right now. want me
to add you to the project?
[20:39] <Fly-Man-> jhurlima2: No
[20:39] <Fly-Man-> I wanted a working OpenSim,Profile

*Huh, did Jhurliman just say that there's another group working on profiles
at the same time as I am ??*

- Q: Since when are you working on it ?
- Q: Care to explain what's wrong with OpenSim.Profile ?
- Q: Maybe send a email to the creator(s) of the OpenSim.Profile to announce
that you're working on a new one ?

So, let me ask a simple question about communication:

*Who is working on what at this moment and why isn't there a mentioning on
this development list about it ??*