List:       opensim-dev
Subject:    [Opensim-dev] Inventory loss
From:       mojitotech () gmail ! com (Mojito Sorbet)
Date:       2009-07-31 15:34:16

This sounds like a classic case of something that should be a two-phase
commit transaction performed atomically.  The fact that it is not, and
may even be spread across multiple processes, is a hole in DB
consistency.

I do not think we want to get into doing *distributed* 2P transactions -
I have worked on such things and they are a real bear.  Non-distributed
2P transactions are much easier.

Is there any thought to using the MariaDB fork of MySQL?  Its Maria
table engine is supposed to be a lot more reliable than MyISAM, and it
has transaction semantics.  Of course, MyISAM is still availble for
those tables where transaction semantics is not needed.