List:       opensim-dev
Subject:    [Opensim-dev] Testers: Need a test
From:       teravus () gmail ! com (Teravus Ovares)
Date:       2009-07-16 6:22:11

Hey Devs n' testers,

I have a potential situation that needs better testing.   It's easier
to test with sqlite, but it's possible with mySQL.

Potential Repro:
Create a region with several different owners to the objects and
assets in the region.

Please ensure that authenticate accounts is off in opensim.ini.

Then log out and shut down the region.

Once it's shut down, move the User database (user.db/userprofiles.db)
to a different folder and then start the region up again.
-

What I'm looking for:

At least in my testing, the user lookup process that the sim does
consumes an amazingly large amount of resources when the user isn't
found in the database.    Right click and edit an object to verify
that it says, 'loading....'.  If it does not say loading..., then
please clear the client cache and log-in again..   as the client keeps
a UUID history.   I would like several other confirmations on this
result before opening a mantis :)

Regards

Teravus