List:       opensim-dev
Subject:    [Opensim-dev] Call to discussion: code environment [Was: recent secondlife client versions don't sup
From:       stefan () tribalmedia ! se (Stefan Andersson)
Date:       2008-09-26 8:09:39

You know, we have options here;

how would the perfect developer environment for opensim with a connected viewer look \
like?
I definitively could see a tighter coupling to something like a file system or a \
revisioning-like system, so that I could just save a file, and that would trigger an \
recompilation and reload of that file as a script. that would go excellent with being \
able to diff and subversion code files; not to mention the ability to use other \
environments that the built-in editor to work with large codebases (hell, why \
wouldn't dll's just get sucked up and connected as well, if there's an IScript in \
them?)
Or, should there just be an aux client editor that could post ascript like the client \
does?
Just trying to get ye olde oute-of-the-boxe thinking going.Best regards,Stefan \
AnderssonTribal Media AB Join the 3d web revolution : http://tribalnet.se/

Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 10:00:10 +0200From: DrScofield at xyzzyxyzzy.netTo: \
opensim-dev at lists.berlios.de; opensim-users at lists.berlios.deSubject: \
[Opensim-users] heads up: recent secondlife client versions don't support OSSL \
functions having just wasted most of a day on trying to figure out why OSSL functions \
such as osSetDynamicTextureData and friends were returning an LSL compile error \
(ERROR: name not in scope) i thought i'd report back on my findings:

OSSL functions (inspite of the heavy changes in the scripting subsystem in recent \
days) are working just fine (provided you enabled them as documented in \
OpenSim.ini.example) recent LindenLab(tm)/(r) provided secondlife clients (certainly \
the 1.21 series) are apparently no longer relying on the grid to vet the script and \
the functions it calls, but instead seem to check all function calls against

list of known LSL function
list of functions you have defined in your script

anything not found on those lists is flagged as "not in scope"once i switched to \
hippo viewer (http://forge.opensimulator.org/gf/project/opensim-viewer/) everything \
was fine.    cheers,    dr scofield--  dr dirk husemann ---- virtual worlds research \
                ---- ibm zurich research lab
SL: dr scofield ---- drscofield at xyzzyxyzzy.net ---- http://xyzzyxyzzy.net/